1. Personal Information We Collect Online
Personal information means identifiable details about an individual, such as information provided within a form, survey, application or other online/mobile field (such as, but not limited to, name, postal address, email addresses, telephone, fax, mobile numbers and account numbers).
2. How Do We Use Personal Information?
We may use your personal information in the following circumstances:
- To respond to your enquiries and assist in fulfilling your requests.
- To send you important information regarding the CBD NOW app and website, terms & conditions, policies and other administrative information.
- To send you marketing communications that we believe may interest you.
- To personalize your experience on the CBD NOW app and website, by presenting content, advertisements and special offers tailored to you.
- To allow you to apply for products and services, and to check your eligibility for these products and services.
- To verify your identity and/or location in order to allow you to access to your accounts, conduct online transactions, maintain measures aimed at preventing fraudulent activity and protect the security of your accounts & personal information.
- To consolidate your financial account information into one online location, understand what product or service may be of interest to you and present you with offers;
- To collect information through our social media pages and interactions with you, to assist in verifying your identity and account status. We may combine this information with other personal information we have already gathered.
- For purposes relating to risk control, fraud detection and prevention, legal compliance and regulations, and other legal process and law enforcement requirements.
3. Personal documents you provide to us
In the event we request you upload and submit your personal documents (such as, but not limited to, your passport, Emirates ID and UAE Residence Visa), you hereby agree that the documents will be in the possession of CBD and that you will not have any access to delete the documents once uploaded. You also release CBD from any liabilities and responsibilities towards your upload.
4. How we share your personal information
We may share information with our affiliates
In order for us to provide financial services to you we may share your information with our affiliates. Personal information (such as name, address and account number) and account information (such as type of accounts, account balances and transaction history) may be shared with our affiliates so that they can serve you more efficiently. Our affiliates maintain the same privacy standards as we do.
We May Share Information with Third-Party Service Providers
In order for us to conduct our banking operations we may need to share information with our service providers. These providers may including data processing companies, other payment processing companies (for cheques and ATMs), payment networks, loan service providers, insurance companies, collection agencies, credit reporting agencies and other financial service providers with who we have joint marketing agreements.
We may share information when legally required
We may share your customer information in response to a lawful request issued by a court, government agency, regulatory authority or as permitted by law. We may also share your information in response to a request made by a merchant or business. This may be necessary to effect, administer or enforce a transaction that you had requested or authorized; in connection with the servicing or processing of a financial product or service, or to maintain or service your account with us.
We request you follow the following steps to ensure a safe and secure digital banking experience:
- Don't share or divulge your passwords or PIN numbers. We suggest you never write this information down, never allow your family or friends access to this information and never store any of this information in a lockbox app or wallet utility on your smartphone.
- Immediately notify us in the event of loss, theft, misuse or compromise of your registered mobile device, by calling our customer service team on +971 600 575 556.
- Do not download the CBD NOW app from any site other than the App Store and Google Play.
- Install mobile anti-virus and anti-malware software on your smartphone, if such security measures are available for your device.
- Never respond to pop-ups, emails or SMS requests that ask you to give personal information about yourself or your CBD NOW accounts. We will never send you unsolicited emails or SMS messages asking for your mobile banking password, Personal Identification Number (PIN), or credit card and account numbers.
- Review your account statements in a timely manner.
- Prevent unauthorized access to your smartphone, by using a passcode to unlock your phone's screen. Simply go into the settings menu on your phone to set it up.
5. Do you have mobile security questions?
The CBD NOW app is safe, secure and helps you get more out of your money, so you can love the moments in life. If you have any questions regarding the security of our app, please call our customer service team on +971 600 575 556.
This Policy is subject to change. Please review it periodically. If we make changes to the Policy, we will revise the “Last Updated” date at the top of this Policy. Any changes to this Policy will become effective when we post the revised Policy on the CBD Site. Your use of the CBD Site following these changes means that you accept the revised Policy.